Ah, the holidays. Families and friends gathered together, meals were shared, games were played, gifts were exchanged, and kisses were given to ring in the new year. Now, just a few days later, the season has changed again. We’re back in working mode, and that means it’s time to look at your marketing perspective for the new year. After all, you want to be smart and look back, around, and ahead to make this your most successful year yet.
First, this is a season of reflection. We take time to look back on the year that’s just ended to review what we’ve learned. While we’re doing this personally, it’s important to do it professionally as well so you can have a clear marketing perspective of what has occurred. Here are just a few questions to consider as you reflect on 2018:
- What was our organization’s main accomplishment this year?
- What are the three things we did really well this year?
- What held us back from accomplishing more?
Next, this is a season of assessment. As the calendar turns, it’s the best time to assess your current strengths and weaknesses. Determine where you are strong and where you are weak. Be brutally honest! The future can only be built on a true foundation, not on an imagined one. Here are a few questions to help you honestly assess your position:
- What do people think of when they think of us?
- What is the comment we hear most often about our website?
- Do we have a strong back-end marketing plan and/or follow-through process to engage with our customers and potential customers?
- Are we fulfilling our mission effectively?
Finally, this is a season of adjustment. Now is the best time to set a new course, explore new opportunities, and set specific goals. Here are a few questions for you and your organization to use for planning:
- What is the biggest change we need to make in the coming year?
- What three things do we need to improve in the coming year?
- What are our SMART Goals (Specific, Measurable, Actionable, Realistic, Time bound) for the coming year?
- What do we need to do to strengthen or shift our brand?
- How can we expand awareness, increase engagement, and grow our organization?
The Benefit of Shifting Your Marketing Perspective
One of the amazing things about this process of looking at your marketing and business in these ways is that it stimulates creativity and sows the seeds for change. I guarantee that after you go through this simple process, you will be prepared to create new plans for the coming year with greater focus and clarity.
It’s important for businesses to use the right promotions, messaging, and a multichannel approach to stand out. That’s why, at Ink and Quill Communications, we take time to learn about you and your needs so we can partner with you to design the perfect marketing perspective to drive the right leads to your door.
Learn more about this process and how we can help you look back, look around, and look ahead to 2019 through a free discovery call. Choose a time that works for you so, together, we can shift your marketing perspective.